NEIL BIERBAUM COACHING
NEIL BIERBAUM has been an executive, leadership and life coach since 2005. He offers coaching programs for corporate executives and teams, and for private individuals, all directed at moving to high performance and greater personal effectiveness.
Personal Effectiveness means having the personal power to consciously achieve optimal performance in service of your most meaningful goals while remaining present and peaceful in the midst of life’s turbulence.
Neil has thousands of hours of coaching and training experience at the highest level and has worked with corporates from a CEO level down, as well as celebrities and high performing entrepreneurs.
Neil is an award-winning features writer and currently contributes to various magazines. He was the founding editor of two men’s magazines in South Africa (Directions and FHM), and has since operated as a media consultant and Internet entrepreneur, which included two years as managing director of an Internet services company. He holds a commerce degree, has auditing experience, and studied psychology.
His clients benefit from his all-round experience and high levels of clarity, creativity and commitment. By combining his broad range of people and process skills with management and coaching experience he supports executives, teams and individuals to create a platform for maximum creativity and productivity and, most importantly, to produce results.
In his own words
“My core approach is a practical one. I have spent 20+ years on a personal development journey, including the practice of various forms of meditation, while operating in a business context. I also spent five years (2,500+ hours) training coaches in the methodology of Consciousness Coaching. As a result I specialise in coaching clients towards the practical application of mindfulness for optimal performance, a result which I call Personal Effectiveness.
“People high in personal effectiveness experience being authentic, peaceful, powerful, confident, caring, conscious, and successful.
“Since all human endeavour is achieved through one’s efforts in relation to other people, my sessions are always targeted at improved performance through a greater awareness of self in relationship with others.
“Converting insights into actions, and measuring those actions, is key. Developing practices to support the process embeds the new insights and actions as productive behaviour patterns.
“I have worked in corporate and entrepreneurial environments, in the areas of sales and operations. I have managed teams in high stakes, high performance environments. I have tested everything I teach and I know what works to create real results!”
B.Com (Economics, Business Administration)
Coaching training and certification
- Consciousness Coaching Diploma (2005; ICF Accredited Coach Training Program)
- Professional Trainer (2007; ICF Accredited Coach Training Program)
Summary of coaching experience
- One-on-One Coaching 2,000 hours from middle management up to CEO/director/owner level
- Coach Trainer 2,500+ hours for a global ICF Accredited Coach Training Program
- Public Workshops 500+ hours, including The Authentic Success Program for Men and the Financial Diamond Wealth Education Program
Areas of preferred work / specialisation
- Executive Coaching
- Alignment of decision and purpose
- Influencing stakeholders, peers and reports
- Leadership Coaching
- Developing an authentic leadership style
- High Performance Coaching
- Leader and team effectiveness
- Personal effectiveness and productivity
- Coaching for Men
- Life phase transition and career transition
- Relational issues (work and personal)
Great coaching is invisible. It leaves you feeling that you created the solution for yourself, and this is necessary for adoption and integration. It should not feel like work, but liberation. It should create independence and self-sufficiency, and leave you feeling inspired and having the tools to continue to grow.
Neil applies his coaching technique and skills for a range of clients in the following areas:
- Leadership development Tailor-made executive and leadership development programs designed to shift leaders from “doing” to “being” leaders; from command-and-control to a collaborative leadership style; from “bossing” to leading oneself first through self-awareness, and inspiring others to lead themselves.
- Leader and Team Effectiveness Neil offers an integrated leader and team effectiveness solution where he works with leaders and teams together, bringing in real issues to create a live learning environment “where the rubber hits the road”.
- People development Tailor-made programs designed to shift staff into high levels of engagement, and beyond, to achieve their full potential. Areas of focus include:
- Diagnostics and performance Neil is a licensed practitioner for the Science of Happiness At Work and is skilled in delivering this powerful, ground-breaking diagnostic tool and its implementation programs. accredited to use a range of validated profiling tools, including the enneagram (Ennea International Five Lens Personal Feedback Report), Wealth Dynamics, and The Science of Happiness at Work
- Communication skills Having been a personal development and coach trainer for more than four years, Neil is highly skilled in coaching individuals and groups to the highest level of coaching communication and conflict resolution skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Diversity & inclusion Neil is well versed in facilitating this important theme in the South African context.
- Business Coaching Solutions Combining his experience as an entrepreneur, business manager and coach, Neil will assess the full range of needs of any small or medium-sized business according to its current phase of development, including:
- Clarification of vision, mission, strategy
- Integration of strategy with processes, systems, structures and reporting
- Alignment of brand and marketing channels, and sales efforts
- Accounts analysis and defining processes for control
- Performance management
- People Coaching Solutions The last thing most small businesses add is a training and development budget. Yet often the business solution fails at the hands of leadership styles, people and performance management issues, a lack of talent management and internal communications problems. Workshops and coaching designed to address these issues supplement the business solutions that Neil provides.
- Sales Coaching Solutions Consulting to refine the sales process, workshops and one-on-one coaching to enhance sales technique and create sustainable levels of motivation.
- Executive Coaching The executive coaching process provides executives with insights into their potential and the potential in any situation, awareness of the limitations in both, and opportunities for breakthrough. This occurs within a framework of delivering a defined value context for the sponsoring organisation, with tangible measures and a reporting structure.
- Life Coaching Life coaching is a process to support the realisation of one’s full potential in any and all areas of a person’s life. It is sponsored by the individual and provides insights into one’s potential and an increased awareness of limiting beliefs and practices, while identifying avenues for breakthrough. The process involves goal-setting and performance measurement. It can be used as a supplementary process to counselling to deal with anxiety, depression and self-esteem issues. Neil is also well known for his coaching for men, who find it moves them forward powerfully during phases of transition in their lives.
Read Neil’s blog which is divided into three streams:
To ask a question or make enquiries, contact Neil.